Become a volunteer
– Let us know if you would like to contribute to annual charity ball as artist, as organizer or donor of raffle gifts
– we are looking for distance volunteers translators that can assist crisis centres with English language applications for EU funding
– Email us if you have other ideas how to help Children Crisis Centres in Latvia
For any donations, please advise us, if it should be earmarked for any particular crisis centre.
– Raise funds for us
– Join our events, such as Charity Balls and Charity Auctions, where 100% of proceeds from raffle, auctions, donations get passed on to children
– Shop via smile.amazon.co.uk, earning our charity a donation from Amazon
-> Mark Giving for Latvia as your charity of choice on smile.amazon.co.uk, and every time you shop, start via smile.amazon.co.uk, and we will receive a donation from Amazon for your purchase. It won’t cost you a penny – it’s that easy to donate. Follow the link to finalise: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1161932-0
-> online with card or PayPal via Charities Aid Foundation website – type “Giving for Latvia” in the Charity Search Results keywords search window and not in the top right corner where general CAF site search window is located.
-> online with card via CharitiesTrust website – type “Giving for Latvia” in the Donate to Charity search window on the right side of the page.
When on these sites, do not forget to tick the GiftAid box, increasing the worth of your donation to us – for every £1 you donate using GiftAid, the charity will receive an extra 25p from the HM Revenue & Customs, helping each donation go further at no cost to you.
CharitiesTrust will unfortunately not update us with the details of donors, so we cannot thank every individual donor, but we and the crisis centres are of course very grateful for the donations.
– If you pay higher rate tax (40%/45%) then look for U.K. Payroll Giving on the intranet of your employer, as for every £1 you donate this way, the charity will receive extra 66p. Besides, many employers double the donations of their employees via Matched Giving scheme, that again should be available via intranet of your employer. In the latter case for every £1 you donate, the charity will receive £3.33 on its accounts! Do keep record of your donation, as that will need to be reported to HMRC with your subsequent annual tax returns filing.
Donations in kind
– If you prefer to retain full control on how your donation is used and who gets it, purchase the gifts to Crisis Centres yourself. Several Latvian producers/retailers have committed to offer 10-15% discount
— children’s entertainment specialists Annels,
— wooden constructor toy producer Varis,
— wooden educational toy maker Domina,
— furniture retailer Furni
— book and board games retailer Janis Roze
— domestic appliances retailer PTA
— beanbag producer Sezammaisi
— climbing wall producer Varlek
— publishing house and book retailer Zvaigzne ABC (email us for more guidance)
– Each year we collect used toys, clothes, shoes, blankets, unwanted gifts for babies, children and young adults alumni of orphanages (ages 0-20) (please email us to learn about hot-spots where these can be handed in). Unwanted PCs, X-Boxes, PlayStations, Wii consoles, portable CD players, DVDs games will be welcome. Buggies, equipment for crisis centres and everyday items (watches, umbrellas, towels) for alumni of orphanages will be highly appreciated.
– You may want to organize collection of clothes, shoes and toys in your child’s school (email us for more help)
– Lost-and-Found Jumble Sales of hotels offer good quality clothes and shoes, umbrellas, belts, scarves and watches for symbolic money. Grange Hotels chain has been very generous for several years. Email us if you hear of any others
– Handmade crocheted, knitted and sewn goods are also welcome
Spread the good word about us
If you are a Latvian manufacturer
and willing to support our cause by offering discounts on your produce, please email us
Support other charities in Latvia
– Ziedot.lv in Latvia