Become a volunteer
– Contribute to our events as an artist, an organiser or a donor of raffle gifts
– we are looking for distance volunteers translators as there are many charities in Latvia that could attract more donations, would their websites be available also in English
– Email us if you have other ideas
– Join our events
100% of the proceeds collected from raffle, auctions, donations and in some cases tickets of our Charity Balls, Charity Auctions, Networking Drinks get passed on to children charities in Latvia
– Raise funds
For any donations, please advise us, if it should be earmarked for any particular crisis centre.
– Shop online (some shops donate up to 4% of the purchase value)
via online shopping
Mark Giving for Latvia as your charity of choice on giveasyoulive.com, and they arrange for small donations from the shops that you buy things from to us. It won’t cost you a penny. Follow the link to finalise: https://www.giveasyoulive.com/join/giving-for-latvia
Mark Giving for Latvia as your charity of choice on smile.amazon.co.uk, and every time you shop, start via smile.amazon.co.uk, and we will receive a donation from Amazon for your purchase. It won’t cost you a penny – it’s that easy to donate. Follow the link to finalise: https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1161932-0
online with card or PayPal via Charities Aid Foundation website – type “Giving for Latvia” in the Charity Search Results keywords search window and not in the top right corner where general CAF site search window is located.
online with card via CharitiesTrust website – type “Giving for Latvia” in the Donate to Charity search window on the right side of the page.
When on these sites, do not forget to tick the GiftAid box, increasing the worth of your donation to us – for every £1 you donate using GiftAid, the charity will receive an extra 25p from the HM Revenue & Customs, helping each donation go further at no cost to you.
CharitiesTrust will unfortunately not update us with the details of donors, so we cannot thank every individual donor, but we and the crisis centres are of course very grateful for the donations.
– If you pay higher rate tax (40%/45%) then look for U.K. Payroll Giving on the intranet of your employer, as for every £1 you donate this way, the charity will receive extra 66p. Besides, many employers double the donations of their employees via Matched Giving scheme, that again should be available via intranet of your employer. In the latter case for every £1 you donate, the charity will receive £3.33 on its accounts! Do keep record of your donation, as that will need to be reported to HMRC with your subsequent annual tax returns filing.
Donations in kind
– If you prefer to retain full control on how your donation is used and who gets it, purchase the gifts to Crisis Centres yourself. Several Latvian producers/retailers have committed to offer 10-15% discount to us (email us for more guidance)
– Each year we collect used toys, clothes, shoes, blankets, unwanted gifts for babies, children and young adults alumni of orphanages (ages 0-20) (please email us to learn about hot-spots where these can be handed in). Unwanted PCs, X-Boxes, PlayStations, Wii consoles, portable CD players, DVDs games will be welcome. Buggies, equipment for crisis centres and everyday items (watches, umbrellas, towels) for alumni of orphanages will be highly appreciated.
– Handmade crocheted, knitted and sewn goods are also welcome
Spread the good word about us
If you are a Latvian manufacturer
and willing to support our cause by offering discounts on your produce, please email us
Support other charities in Latvia
– Ziedot.lv in Latvia
(email us if you want guidance on NGO sector in Latvia)